Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Raspberry Chipotle Pork Tenderloin....and cauliflower rice

My husband loves pork tenderloin so that's what I made for our Valentine's Day meal. I don't go out on V Day because I'd rather just spend it alone with my husband than other people and their issues. So I was reading my friends' cooking log and she recommended a raspberry chipotle sauce that is available at Costco. I found a similar sauce at Cost Plus. I will post the name when I get home. I was looking to add some flair to our meal and it was the perfect addition, a little sweet, a little spicey.
It was also really easy.

INGREDIENTS:
1lb pork tenderloin
1/2 c raspberry chipotle sauce, plus extra for serving
1 medium brown onion chopped
2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
2 T olive oil
Cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 450
Spray a 9x13 glass dish with cooking spray
Heat a non stick pan on medium with 1T olive oil
Place chopped onion, sweet potatoes, 1T olive oil and 1/4 c raspberry sauce in zipper plastic bag and shake to coat
Place potato mix in glass dish and place in oven
Brown tenderloin in pan for 3 minutes on each side
Transfer tenderloin into glass dish with potatoes and rub tenderloin with remaining 1/4 cup of raspberry sauce
Bake 30-40 minutes or until temperature registers around 155
Let pork rest for 3-5 minutes
Cut tenderloin in 1/2 inch slices on an angle and drizzle sauce over it
I also served this with cauliflower rice. I just added a little salt, pepper, butter and peas to my "rice" to make it more like a pilaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment