Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mixing Flowers and Vegetables in Your Garden

My husband and I recently purchased our first home and we have all this gardening area that we've never had before. We planted native California plants and succulents in the front of the house as soon as we moved in so we would look somewhat civilized. But we have planters around the back yard that are begging to be herb and vegetable gardens that I have no idea what to do with. My thumb is a bit more brown than green. But I found some great advice on a gardening website's blog that I had to share.
I think it is so important for a cook to have a private garden to select from, whether it is only herbs or a huge assortment of vegetables. Talk about supporting small farmers, support yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment